Who is Toronto's
Top Foosball Player?
These are the official rules for the GTA Foosball Ladder, which are designed to make it fun and fair for all participants. There are rules for how the Ladder will work, and rules for how each Match must be played. Matches will be self governed, and if conflicts arise between players, they must consult these official rules to resolve it. If the conflict is not addressed in these rules, then the players may submit an official ruling decision request by emailing the League Manager at League@gtafoosball.ca and they will get back to you as soon as possible with a verdict.
Keep in mind that first and foremost, we are playing for fun. Please respect each other at all times!
- All players must register by filling out the form below, and pay the registration fee through either Eventbrite or Online Transfer.
- Challenges must be issued through the App, and the challenger get’s preference for which table will be used for the match.
- Match rules, as outlined below must be followed.
- Match results must be submitted as soon as the match is complete in order to keep the live standings up to date.
- The winner of each official match will take the loser’s place on the Ladder, bumping the rest of the players down one rung.
- You may not challenge the same player twice in a row.
- In the first month of each season, you can challenge anyone.
- In the second and third months of each season, you can only challenge someone who is up to 3 spots ahead of you in the rankings.
- Inactive players will be disqualified from winning prizes. Play at least 3 matches in each month to remain active.
- Playoffs will be held at the next Warm-Up tournament. The Top 8 Pros and 8 Amateurs, will each compete in a Championship format event.
- Have fun and respect each other at all times!
- Follow the ITSF Official Rules during game play. Follow the link below for some videos and the complete rule book if you’re unfamiliar with the rules, or want to look up something specific.
- The match format (2/3, 3/5, timed match, etc.) is up to the two players who are playing each other to decided. Before the match begins, agree to the match format. We have listed a few possible match formats below, but feel free to get creative with it. All we ask is that both players agree before the match begins, and there’s no changing the format after the match has begun.
- Results must be submitted in the App as soon as the match is finished.
How to Register
Step 1 – Submit Your Registration Form
Fill out the form below to officially register for a season.
Step 2 – Submit Your Payment
Official matches will cost each player $3. Players must play a minimum of 9 matches in a season (less than one/week).
Registration will cost each player $37 and consists of: (i) $27 to cover your minimum of nine (9) matches; and (ii) $10 admin fee to help cover costs of organizing the Ladder.
In order to complete your registration, you can pay by credit card through Eventbrite, by buying a “Ladder Registration” Ticket.
Alternatively, you can send an online money transfer to email@example.com
Make sure to include “Ladder Registration” in the subject” and make the password “Foosball”.
SUBJECT: “Ladder Registration”
Step 3 – Install “Slappy” App
Now that you’re officially registered, you will need to install the “Slappy Sports Ladder” App to your phone.
Once you submit your payment, you will receive an email confirmation, which will have the Ladder Code that you use to add yourself to the right group.
Step 4 – Challenge Someone!
Congrats! You’re now set up and ready to play in the 2019 Ladder. In the “Ladder” section you will see a list of all players in order of current ranking. If you have questions, there is a messaging feature in the App, so message the group and the League Manager, or other players will help you out.
In order to increase the intensity of the matches, there will be a little money on the line. Official matches will cost each player $3. The winner keeps their $3, and the loser’s $3 will go into the prize pool. The total prize pool will be paid out at the end, in accordance with the payout chart below.
The total number of players, total matches played, running prize pool total, and current standings will be published monthly. The Ladder standings will be updated in real time through the App that we are using.
Let’s face it, not everyone can be the best, so we’ve added some fun prizes that the rest of us can fight over.
Players can only win one Award per season. In the event that a player wins more than one, they will choose which they want, and the other(s) will go to the next closest player in the respective category.